Our season 2018-2019
Join Cantus Novus as we extend our journey of musical exploration with a new season of programming that is expansive and sublime, classic yet fresh. Building on overwhelming response from last season, our winter concert will once again feature a full chamber orchestra, while spring will explore “classics” from both the Renaissance and 21st centuries. And as always, the repertoire will feature the singular energy and joy that Bucks County has come to expect from Cantus Novus.
Majesty and Mystery: Orchestrating the Holidays
Cantus Novus welcomes the holiday season with our winter concert, Majesty and Mystery. This musically diverse choral program—accompanied by a full chamber orchestra for only the second time in our history—explores both the grandeur and nuance that make the holiday season so special. Enchanting and lush a cappella settings of the Chelsea Carol (Whitacre) and Puer Natus Est (Antognini) are juxtaposed by the sprightly Magnificat (J.C. Bach) and masterful Gloria in Excelsis Deo (J.S. Bach) with strings, brass, timpani and continuo accompaniment that is delightful to sing and a joy for the audience. Special arrangements of familiar carols by contemporary composers feature soaring melodies with inspired accompaniment that melds the Cantus Novus sound into an ethereal experience for all. As always, there will be pleasant surprises and memorable moments throughout the performance. Join us for a wonderful performance of Majesty and Mystery.
Click on your preferred date to purchase your tickets online.
- Friday, November 30, 8:00 PM, Trinity Episcopal Church, 6587 Upper York Road, Solebury, PA
- Saturday, December 1, 8:00 PM, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 84 E. Oakland Ave., Doylestown, PA
- Sunday, December 2, 4:00 PM, Morrisville Presbyterian Church, 771 N. Pennsylvania Ave, Morrisville, PA
Forever Young: Renaissance and Revelations
And in the spring, Cantus Novus will celebrate spring’s renewal in Bucks County with our choral performance of Forever Young. This eclectic program pairs Renaissance motets with the works of talented 21st century composers—pieces that although “young,” are destined to become classics. Put the dates on your calendars now—you won’t want to miss them.
- Friday, May 3, 8:00 PM, Morrisville Presbyterian Church, 771 N. Pennsylvania Ave, Morrisville, PA
- Saturday, May 4, 8:00 PM, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 84 E. Oakland Ave., Doylestown, PA
- Sunday, May 5, 4:00 PM, Trinity Episcopal Church, 6587 Upper York Road, Solebury, PA